We all make New Years Resolutions. I try to make one new resolution every year. I am not sure why I do this, it seems I can never stick to them. My resolution this year...make sure I blog at least 4 times a month. OK reality, once a month. Here it is February, and this is my first one in almost 2 years. What can I say... I missed January...I'm off to a good start. Well, tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I will do a better job of posting pictures and writing about what happens in the life of the Brewer's.
I can say that 2009 was a wonderful year and as I start this new year and reflect, I find myself wishing I could stop time. I look at my son, who is now 12, and can't believe how big he is. To be in the youth group...the very ministry Lance and I have done for 15 years of marriage...where has my time gone. Seems like yesterday I was changing diapers and chasing him down the hall. I had the privilege of teaching my daughter this past year in school. What a treasured time. I found myself the other day longing for that precious hour & 1/2 I had with her daily during math. Now she is a third grader - no longer primary and growing up so fast. I miss the days of princess costumes and high heel dress up shoes. One thing I have learned...enjoy the ride...even in the challenges. I remember when they were younger looking forward to the day they would be in sports and school activities. I remember thinking how fun it would be to attend their games and cheer for them. Now it seems we have something all the time and I am finding myself wanting to slow things down and enjoy every moment. I can truly say I LOVE watching my children play & learn. It has been as great as I imagined it would. I only wish I could slow it down some. A good friend once told me "You better learn now how to say no and make yourself 'unbusy'. 18 year will be here before you know it." I am trying to figure out how to be 'unbusy'. My time is getting shorter and I just want to freeze it! Thank you Becky for sharing that thought with me. You are truly a great example to me!!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment